Thursday, February 27, 2014

Testing Out the New Spriting Process


I'm almost got all of the kinks out, but its not as perfect as I'd like.  The good news is that I have it working.  And that's what's important, right?

Currently, I'm drawing my character in a 600x600 pixel box that I shrink down to 180 by 180.  I do a separate pass for just my fills and one pass for my lines.  I lay the lines on top of the fills and drop the transparency to 60%.  That would be all well and fine, but the black lines don't completely transfer once shrunk so I have to expand the ink lines by a pixel on each side in photoshop before the shrink.  That also causes some of the black to bleed past the edge of the fills which is no good at all.  So I've figured out that I can select the transparency on the Fills layer and use it to subtract all of the excess black lines.

Digital Trickery!

For fun, I included the old character art so that you can see the new size difference.  Its quite a bit bigger and I haven't even drawn the head!  At the this point, each frame is only 2 kb and I don't expect it to get much bigger when I finish.

I'll post more as I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment