Monday, July 19, 2010

Flash Rigged Sprite Update: Arghh!

So this threw a little bit of a kink into my plans. I've always preferred Toon Boom's "trace bitmap" feature because it leaves the background transparent and overall has a better look to it. So I went into Photoshop and broke down my enemy sprite to different sections that I could run Flash's bone system through. That worked out fine (if not terribly tedious).

Next, I exported all of my layers to separate files that I could take into Toon Boom to trace and then color. All of that worked great and I found a color palette that I liked.

The problems came in when I tried to export my Toon Boom project in Flash for the rigging. Previously, Toon Boom had created an importer for flash that would bring in the project and name the layers. At this point, there is no such thing for CS5. Huge bummer. For now, I may have to see if I can export to and "swf" file and pull apart the stuff there. Needless to say, that would suck.

In the mean time, I have included the newest edition to the size chart. And, yes, I realize I haven't done his hands yet. I just get too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment